I often use this blog to thank those who support our schools. It’s little enough to do when the contributions are so valuable, so needed and do such good things for kids. In this “grip and grin” photo above, the kids have a lot to smile about: Lafarge has donated $15,000 to the Exshaw school. These funds will go toward the emergency lunch program, literacy and numeracy initiatives and the very exciting new program using iPads to support learning. Thank you for this, Lafarge! The board of Canadian Rockies Public Schools recognizes and appreciates the generosity of Lafarge Canada; we also acknowledge that the company’s largesse does not stop at the Exshaw town line, but extends into the Bow Valley and into many sectors. We are enriched not just monetarily, but also by the vote of confidence such a gift demonstrates. Your faith in us helps us to stand taller and do our work better.
- RT @corriekiddo: I'm down for the count! Bikes - 2, humans - 1, cars - 0. (Books - always need more!) @Banff_Town https://t.co/WWbBfXVh0y 2 days ago
- RT @nytimesworld: The death toll from a forest fire in Portugal rose to 62, and the country declared three days of national mourning https:… 4 days ago
- RT @VanityFair: Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the muscle-bound docudrama that started it all vntyfr.com/ziZRqvx 4 days ago
- @cbcradio Just heard on the radio, DJ said "And that was Irma Franklin..." It was Aretha Franklin. #howquicklytheyforget 4 days ago
- When I do this, my kids say: "Mom, it's a 1-way deal. They talk, you LISTEN." twitter.com/jaketapper/sta… 5 days ago